Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Story Begins...(Part VII)

     You're probably thinking: Whew! This is one long %$#@ story! Well, here's the deal: The story is just beginning. Because of this surgery, I can start living now. I've always felt like the years of setback after setback had some sort of twisted purpose. But now, I know that I have what it takes to make an impact and help others who are where I've been. I see how strong Crohn's has made me. I wouldn't change a thing about my life.

     After the surgery, while I was staying with the absolute best parents in the world, I had a lot of time to think. Yes, my colon was gone which rendered me disease free, but had God healed me? I was really on the fence about it. So I asked a friend what he thought and he said to me, “God healed your heart and your mind to accept that healing doesn’t always happen the way you think it will. God answers prayers in different ways and not always the way you expect.” Pretty sound, eh? God had me to come to terms with the fact that my colon was really sick. In fact, my surgeon told my family that it was so rotten, it literally fell apart in his hands.

     Well now I eat pretty much anything I want…something I couldn’t do for almost 15 years….and trust me, I am taking full advantage! :) I also know that I was put on this earth to make a difference. I’ll tell my story everywhere I go and be an advocate for not just those with Crohn’s. As I said before, I want to help hurting people, because I know about pain. But pain is NOT insurmountable. There is a plan for your life. You may not understand it as of yet, but it's all coming together.

     Next up for me: A BABY! Yes, Ava wants to be somebody's mama! Becoming a first time mother at 35+ is a bit daunting, but I’m a living witness that if God brings you to it, He’ll most certainly bring you through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment