Monday, February 23, 2015

Catching Up, Back to Work, Plane Rides, and other Random Babbling :)

And just like that I'm back!! Yes, I've been away for a while. I actually didn't realize that my last post was written in November until I logged in. Sheesh, I've been way off track! (With good reason,of course!) I actually started back to work. Until now, I hadn't worked one single day since my surgery in September of 2013. My body and my pocketbook told me that it was time...hehe
So lately, I have been managing a tax office for Jackson Hewitt. It's been pretty cool thus far. It took a while for me to get adjusted to a 44 hour work week..especially since I had spent most of my days at home chilling. But I'm up and rolling now. 

Since November, I also had my first plane ride since my surgery. I was sooo nervous. So much so that I refused to eat prior to boarding because I had an awful premonition of my bag exploding due to pressure!! LOL Oh, the woes of an ostomate..I was careful to pack all of my necessary supplies in my carry-on just in case I didn't have immediate access to my luggage upon landing. Additionally, the UOAA (United Ostomy Associations of America ) has a special "Travel Communications Card" to give to TSA agents and it's designed to help speed along the screening process. Let me tell you, it worked like a charm. The TSA agents were super kind once I showed them my card and had apparently seen the card before. Also, there were no disastrous explosions on the plane...from my bag or otherwise (Thank God!). My husband and I flew to Atlanta for a marriage retreat, and also to visit friends. It was an awesome trip and the weather was much warmer than Philadelphia! If you are interested in the Travel Communications card or other handy-dandy travel tips, visit the UOAA here.

Lastly, I made a terrible move when I returned home. I stepped on the scale. Ha! I had not done so in months because I already knew I wouldn't be happy with the reading. Truth is, after my surgery I was 99lbs., and at my last reading I was 185lbs.!!! I was NOT a happy camper. Yes, I'm ecstatic about the fact that I can eat and actually gain weight (something I couldn't do for 15 yrs with Crohn's) but enough was enough!!! This time, I was surprised to find out I weighed 180lbs, but it was still too much. So what did I do? Last Thursday, I started taking up kickboxing. Aside from the quad pain/soreness afterwards, it was an excellent move to get me on the road to being athletically active. I've been interested in running with Team Challenge (CCFA) for a while now, so I believe this will be an excellent way for me to build stamina.

So yes, I've been away from writing for a while, but a lot of good things have been going on with me. I hope all is well in your world! Share any new "goings-on" in your life below!! I'd LOVE to hear from you ;-)







No comments:

Post a Comment