Friday, February 14, 2014

Do Something That You Love

Hello All! Happy Valentine's Day!
I thought this holiday would be a great time to talk about what I love.

Of course, I love my family and friends that have been so supportive of me during my long bout with Crohn's. They've also been great with making me feel loved after my surgery, and it's because of them that I took so well to my ileostomy. They never made me feel different. They asked appropriate questions at appropriate times and now everyone is just normal around me. I'm glad no one is walking on pins and needles trying to tiptoe their way around conversations. Boy, would that be awkward!

I'm also glad that I'm finally doing something that I love. I'm a building inspector by trade but honestly, I chose that line of work because it showed promise of stability...not because I loved it. I did, however, love the idea of being a woman that's knowledgeable and professional in a field that's almost totally dominated by men. Secretly though, I wish I would have gone to medical school. I believe that I would've made a great doctor. I think that at 35 it's too late, although my mother disagrees with me ;)

I LOVE PEOPLE! I have always been people oriented because we are all human, and we are all special to God. We may not come from the same background, have the same color, speak the same language, etc but we all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. I'll be graduating in a few short months from Lancaster Bible College with a degree in Urban Ministry Leadership. That's my school's fancy way of saying Christian Social Work, lol. Everyone asks me "Are you going to school to be a Pastor?" I always respond with "That is NOT the goal!" Everyone that goes to Bible College or Seminary doesn't have to be a Pastor. I am content with finding a way to help people, to bring justice to the under-served, and to bring resources to the less fortunate. THIS is what I love.

When you don't find your passion, you're just stuck doing a job. As the quote says "When you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life." Keep searching until you find your passion. When you do, live it out with full purpose and intention.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.
With Love,
Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment